IN-BUILDING SERVICES AND SOLUTIONS
Meeting the indoor challenges
As operators continue to differentiate their networks, indoor coverage and capacity has become a focal point. Our in-building solutions and services are focused around meeting this indoor expectations. This includes the proper design, integration, testing, and macro network interaction to improve the customer experience. TTS Wireless has worked on over 500 unique projects in various aspects of DAS, HetNet and Smallcell design, integration, optimization, and other validation services.
Initial Design Services
As the importance of in-building coverage and capacity continues to grow, a company that understands and meets the requirements for proper indoor and outdoor systems, design is essential. TTS Wireless currently executes a large assortment of DAS, HetNet, C-RAN and smallcell design and benchmarking services:
- Network Benchmarking: Using a fast scanner, drive and/ or walk test collecting up to 5 different service providers’ for the purpose of showing competitive ranking within an area or venue for coverage, cell overlap, quality, and user experience.
- CW Testing: Connect into the head end unit with a CW transmitter. Test all individual legs of a system configuration collecting walk test data indicating expected overage from each node. Provide CW pathloss models for input to design tools such as IBWave or ATOLL/ Asset/ Planet-EV.
- Indoor Design (iDAS, Smallcell, HetNets): Import existing drawings into iBwave for the purpose of modeling wall/structure losses in order to design a new system. By using calculated traffic demands, determine the optimal equipment manufacturer for head end, transport and far end node implementation.
- Outdoor Design (oDAS, Smallcell, HetNet, C-RAN): By making use of terrain data, existing network locations and a propagation tool (ATOLL), design an outdoor small area networks to provide coverage and/or capacity as prescribed by a service provider.
Post Launch Activities
Engineering doesn’t end at design. With this in mind TTS Inc offers an assortment of services to ensure the iDAS/oDAS, HetNet, C-Ran and smallcells meet end customer expectations and allows for long term benefits for both the solutions performance and the large scale macro network it may be integrated into.
- Turn-up Services: Provide expert engineering guidance and leadership during a new or augmented DAS implementation. Ensure all equipment has been tested properly and placed according to the design. Present thorough system reports to the client prior to network turn up.
- Venue Optimization: Perform detailed data collection and performance monitoring through KPIs to determine soft and hard changes in order to maximize the venue or area potential.
- Macro Layer Optimization: Perform detailed drive and walk test scanning for best servers on a bin level. Using OptPCS and iCE, provide recommendations to existing macro network to remove cells from venues reducing interference to a system which in turn makes for an improved customer experience and capacity.
- MPE Verification: Meeting FCC requirements for MPE may require theoretical calculations or on-site testing and reporting to ensure proper levels and mandated signage fulfillment.
In-building and Venue DAS and micro cell Design, implementation, and optimization
In-building and Venue DAS and micro system survey and evaluation
Provide benchmarking and competitive positions
Detailed iDAS/oDAS verification, optimization, and macro network integration
Macro Network interference mitigation to DAS systems
Integrated solution for outdoor Macro and indoor DAS/Micro systems with OptPCS-iCE
Pre and Post launch optimization of indoor and outdoor DAS systems
CW testing and IBwave design for indoor and venue system
In-house test equipment, software licenses, and engineering services
DAS & Small Cell Experiences