Job Code: TTS 026 Network Engineer
Date Posted: December 5, 2018
Category: Full Time Employee
Location: Frisco, TX
• Engineer, Technical Support (NOC IP Org)
• Provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support for end-to-end production networks and primary duties include core IP network break fix.
• Performs diagnostic investigation into complex customer-impacting network issues to resolve and identify root causes providing insight into outage prevention.
• Provides technical leadership, guidance, and advice to other engineers and technicians who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, testing and operating the network.
• Evaluates design, reliability, and maintenance problems and provides feedback.
• Follows established procedures on routine work.
• 10+ years of experience in a technical role.
• Strong communications skills to include written and verbal.
• Sound knowledge of the Core Network Architecture, Technologies, and concepts.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently even under high pressure situations
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to build consensus across teams while demonstrating effective time management
• TCP/IP Networking
• Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Backhaul Design and Capacity Planning
• Advanced knowledge of Backhaul System Performance
• Familiar with Core Network Operations and Maintenance
• Familiar with DNS
• Working knowledge of Systems Design Validation and Installation
• Skilled in Technical Reporting and Technical Support
• Ability to participate in an on-call rotation in a fast-paced high stress environment.
• Create and disseminate process and other training materials to team members.
• Intermediate project management skills.
• Understanding of vendor management process
• Bachelor Degree
• In lieu of the education requirement, 7+ years of relevant technical experience may be considered.
License or Certification: CCNP, CCIE