Network Operations Technician
Job Code: TTS 029 NOC Tech
Date Posted: December 5, 2018
Category: Full Time Employee
Location: Parsippany, NJ
• Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct network break-fix work and maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility.
• Provides support to other technicians and engineers.
• Performs fault isolation tests related to transport trouble.
• Monitors network alarms and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution.
• Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions.
• Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
• 5+ years’ experience in a technical role.
• Intermediate level Understanding of TCP/IP concepts and common router user interfaces and command structure.
• Intermediate level Knowledge of basic Cisco topology.
• Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Good communications skills
• Experience with Cisco equipment
• Experience with Check Point firewalls
• Experience with A10 Load balancers
• This position will operate on a 4-day, 10 hour that occasionally rotates to provide 24/7 NOC coverage.